About This Policy
This notice describes the information practices of Thermal Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and brands (collectively “We”) as it relates to the websites and apps on which this policy is posted (“Site(s)”). This includes mobile websites and applications. It does not apply to information We might collect on other sites or in other forums, including by email or offline.
Information We Collect
We collect general data pertaining to each Site visitor, including but not limited to, the IP address, tracking codes, the domain name, the web page, the length of time spent and the pages accessed while visiting this Site. This may also include GPS locations for some of our mobile applications. We also collect personally identifiable and transactional information provided by companies and Site visitors that purchase products from that Site. This information includes contact information, shipping information, credit cardholder name, and card number/expiration date. We may also retain the content of the communications that are sent to our sales and customer service representatives.
How We Collect Information
- - We collect information directly from you - for example when you register on the site, participate in a survey, or fill out a form requesting information from us.
- - We collect information from you passively – We (or vendors acting on our behalf) use common collection techniques like cookies, and web beacons.
- - We obtain information about you from third parties with whom We work – for example, our suppliers, resellers, and other business partners.
Use of Information Collected
We use the information that is collected from Site visitors and customers, or otherwise in connection with the Sites, as is disclosed at the time information is collected, as is otherwise disclosed to you, and as follows:
- - To respond to your requests or inquiries and to fill your orders;
- - To understand the use of the Sites, improve the content of the Sites, customize the shopping experience for Sites visitors and customers, and otherwise improve our products, services, the Site and our your online experience, including through using the collection practices described here.
- - To protect the security or integrity of the Sites, our company, or our customers and visitors;
- - To determine your browser, recognize new visitors or existing users, and better understand our audience, customers and website visitors (including by using tracking tools).
We may share your information as follows:
- - Among our various subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, parent organizations, and brands;
- - With third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and others who perform services on our behalf;.
- - With any successor to Thermal Scientific, Inc.’s interest, or otherwise in connection with a merger, sale, or transfer of all or part of our business operations;
- - With third parties whose products or services might be of interest to you or for joint promotional purposes;
- - In response to subpoenas, investigative requests (with or without subpoena) and other legal process, to exercise Our legal rights and defend against legal claims;
- - For other reasons as may be described to you, for example in some situations We will share information with a marketing partner who is working with us to provide you with a program or service.
Our Site uses industry-standard encryption technology to provide for the security of your credit card numbers. In addition, We have put in place reasonable procedural and technical standards to protect the security of our Sites and information We maintain. However, We cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure. We encourage you to take affirmative steps to protect yourself online, including ensuring that any online account information you have remains secure.
Links and Third-Party Collection
The Sites contain links to other sites that are not owned, maintained, operated, or endorsed by or for Grainger and not subject to the same privacy and other policies. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply any recommendation or sponsorship of such sites. You should read the other site’s privacy policies to understand how personal information collected about you is used and protected. The Sites also contain third party technologies that collect non-personally identifiable information from you directly. This includes third party social sharing buttons. These third parties might use passive tracking techniques such as cookies or web beacons to collect your information. Grainger does not control these third parties. To learn more about their activities, please visit their websites and privacy policies.
The Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and by using the Sites/giving your information, you consent to such transfer, and understand that the U.S. may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
From time to time We may change our privacy policies because of changes in the relevant and applicable legal or regulatory requirements, changes in our business or business practices, or in our attempts to better serve our customers. Notice of any material changes in the manner in which We handle personally identifiable information under this policy will be provided on the Sites. Please check the Site periodically for updates. Policy updates shall be effective the date the change is posted on the Site. By continuing to use the Site after We post any changes, you agree to the terms of the updated policy.